Posts Tagged ‘insulation’

Industry Standard Insulating Materials for Manufactured/Mobile Home Crawlspace

The manufactured home approved insulating materials are Batt Insulation, which must be at least R-19 (6 inch) faced or unfaced in the crawlspace, and Blown-in Insulation, which must be at least R-19 (7.6 inch) in the crawlspace. These insulations are held in place in the crawlspace by a vapor barrier or underbelly. The vapor barrier is made of polyethylene, a woven, breathable, tarp-like material. Another product that can be used and is manufacture approved for holding insulation in place is a standard house wrap, such as Tyvek or Everbuilt house wrap. The vapor barrier or wrap must be attached to each floor joist beside the home’s I-beams the entire length of the home. This is to ensure that the insualtion, whether Batt or Blown-in, is properly held in place. All materials mentioned in this article are industry standard when replacing or repairing the underbelly of a manufactured home.

Animal damaged insulation insurance claim in crawlspace Chesterfield MI

This project consisted of replacing insulation and vapor barrier in a crawlspace that was damaged by possums.  The possums torn holes in the vapor barrier that you see in the provided pictures.  Once in the vapor barrier the possums had free range to the insulation of the home, in which they peed, pooped and trampled.  The damaged insulation and vapor barrier had to be cut out from under the home and new was installed. The following pictures show the damaged area before and after repair. 


animal damage insurance claimanimal damage insurance claimChesterfield MI animal damage to insulation in crawlspace 2Chesterfield MI animal damage to insulation in crawlspace 1

Restoration of animal damaged mobile home crawlspace in chesterfield MI